Green strategies for bioremediation of soils, with a better management of water resources, fertilizers and pesticides (FERTILIAS)
The project general objective is to mitigate the impacts deriving from chemical inputs with the use of innovative and precision solutions aimed also at favoring the adaptation of cropping systems to a lower use of water resources.
The project proposes an eco-sustainable methodology that combines innovative technologies with agro-industrial and agronomic practices, which includes precision agriculture interventions, innovative organic and inorganic substrates for agriculture but also for nursery and bioremediation, reduction of fertilizer intake / soil conditioners and pesticides, specific biostimulant, bio-parasitic and soil bioremediation activities.
- Activation of organic and inorganic substrates with microorganisms;
- Agronomic tests in greenhouses and in the field with functionalized amendments;
- Laboratory analysis on soil conditioners and soil improvers to evaluate carbon sequestration and depurative capacity;
- Drafting of guidelines;
- Evaluation of the reduction of the environmental impact associated with the plan from the perspective of life cycle analysis.
Thanks to the solutions proposed in the project of precise and sustainable soil management, which act on the structure and composition of the soil, as well as on the microbial communities, a modification of the physical, chemical and biological properties will be produced to obtain the improvement of fertility even under the aspect of the structure and the state of aggregation of soils, with different contributions to the mitigation of the greenhouse effect obtaining an interesting and promising overall picture, for the sustainable management of the soil, with a series of benefits:
- decrease in apparent and real soil density with repercussions on water retention;
- improvement of soil structure and increase in stress resilience;
- increase in the organic carbon content, important especially in areas of the Ferrara area;
- reduction of nitrate release and NO2 agricultural emissions;
- savings on fertilizers, pesticides and chemical compounds in integrated / biological agriculture thanks to soil restructuring and microbial biostimulation;
- increase in accumulated C, and contrast to greenhouse gas emissions, thanks also to the increase in biomass and microbial load in soils;
- precision sensors and management for the use of water and the distribution of pesticides and chemical compounds
- extensive training for companies in the most vulnerable areas to illustrate the benefits of the proposed innovations.
TITLE: Green strategies for bioremediation of soils, with a better management of water resources, fertilizers and pesticides
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Prof. Nelson Marmiroli (CINSA)
SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT: Prof. Daniele Fabbri (UNIBO)
Start of the activities: 02/2020 End of the activities 03/2022
Project budget: € 399.680,70 financed at 90%
PARTNER: Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per le Scienze Ambientali (CINSA), Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, Azienda Agraria Sperimentale Stuard, Agriform Scrl, Ganazzoli farm, Trombini GMG farm, Contarini Alessandro farm.
Website European Commission – FEASR: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/IT/TXT/?uri=LEGISSUM:l60032